Saturday, November 10, 2018

Let's Talk About Electro Music

Why do I do so many different things? Why not just stick to one thing, like painting. To just be a painter and nothing else. The reason why I did not was just a coincidence, because I just love doing so many different things. When I began doing these things, I began doing painting first. It was really fun, but then I started writing, filmmaking, songwriting and producing, blogging, and photography all at the same exact time!

Why did that happen? It was fate, I guess. I just wanted to do them all. It just sounded like really fun, like an impulse to do something fun. I did them all. I wrote a book, produced an album using a home computer and a microphone, I produced a short film with actors, I blogged, and I took some amazing photos of sunsets in Southern California. I was hooked, and I haven't stopped doing any of it, since then. I have just been having too much fun to stop.

Electro Music

What kind of thought process is going into my Electro Music?

I would highly recommend taking the MasterClass course on Electro Music by both DeadMau5 and Armin Van Buuren, if you are interested in learning more about making it. However, the thought processes I used were intuitive and that of shooting for aesthetic appeal.

I often just enjoyed playing with the bass, for example, to make it sound different in a million different ways. I knew that that would be enjoyable to listen to in a large crowd setting.

I shot for the remixes to have some kind of music that wasn't just like an escape for the eardrum, but something familiar that people would enjoy listening to. I was hoping to make some music people could dance to, with them. I think I succeeded with that, definitely.

What kind of software did you use?

I actually challenged myself to use Audacity on 100% of the album. It wasn't that bad, and I am very proud of the results so far. I think that I would do it like that again.


What were you picturing when you wrote this music?

I was picturing a world where everyday people were attending a music concert the way that I would, an electro music concert. Basically, it sounds pretty awesome when everyone is gathered around, and I pictured myself at a music festival like Ultra Music Festival or something, playing the tracks and blowing people away with the vibrations from the speakers. Also, I think the remixes make a nice break from the intensity.


When do you plan to release the album?

I have been working on the album since May of 2018, so I think that it could still be a while. I like to work on albums for a long time, before releasing them. Stay tuned.


When do you plan to release the remixes and how?

I was just going to release them on YouTube. I was going to see if there was a record label that would publish the album, otherwise I will self release it and it will be available on Spotify, Amazon, Itunes, and all of the major retailers online.








No comments:

Post a Comment